首頁 > 成語

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

作者:由 神奇科技雜談 發表于 成語日期:2022-03-06

旱鴨子比喻什麼樣的人

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

作者:梅林達·朗文大衛 任溶溶 譯

適讀年齡:8-12歲

今天的繪本適合大一點的小朋友閱讀哦~

當海盜船長小辮鬍子爺提出邀請時,傑里米·雅各布根本沒多想就上船了。

寶藏、水手歌、無拘無束的生活,誰不想跟著去呢?傑里米很快就學會了怎麼當海盜。他把食物從桌子這頭扔到那頭,把禮貌規矩拋到九霄雲外,說話聲音像打雷,再也不用按時睡覺,這是他一生中最棒、最無法無天的時光。不過,他很快就發現,當海盜也有不稱心的事……

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

Pirates have green teeth-when they have any teeth at all.

海盜只要有牙齒,他們的牙齒就都是綠色的。

Iknow about pirates,because one day,when I was at the beach building a sand castle and minding my own business, a pirate ship sailed into view.

關於海盜的事,我太有數了,因為有一天,我正獨自在海灘上用沙子堆城堡,忽然看到一艘海盜船開過來了。

Iknew what it was, because its flag had a skull and crossbones on it and because I could hear the pirates singing "Hey, ho, blow the man down."

我一看就知道那是海盜船,因為它的旗子上有一個骷髏頭和兩根交叉的骨頭,我還聽到那些海盜在唱:“ 嗨嗬,擺平他!”

They were a little off-key.

他們唱得有點走調。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

Itried to tell Dad, but he was busy setting up the beach umbrella.

我想告訴爸爸,可是他只顧著鼓搗那頂大遮陽傘。

Itried to tell Mom, but she was busy slathering my baby sister with sunblock.

我想告訴媽媽,可是她正忙著給我那吃奶的小妹妹抹防曬霜。

So I went back to my sand castle, but I kept an eye on the pirates.

於是,我一邊繼續堆我的城堡,一邊偷偷留意那些海盜。

By then they were rowing to shore.

他們啊正划著小艇上海灘這兒來。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

When they landed, the head pirate climbed out of the boat and yelled," Ahoy thar, matey!

他們一靠岸,海盜頭子就從小艇跳到岸上,

Be this the Spanish Main?"

對我叫道:“哎,小傢伙!這兒是加勒比海岸嗎?”

"NO," I said," this is North Beach."

我說,:“不是的,這兒是北部海岸。”

"Shiver me timbers!" the pirate said. "We must have taken a wrong turn at Bora Bora."

“嗯~見鬼! “我們一定是在波拉波拉島拐錯彎了。”

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

He walked around my sand castle.

他繞著我堆的城堡打轉。

He looked at the moat, then yelled back to his crew.

看我挖的壕溝,突然一下子回過頭。

"He's a digger, he is, and a good one to boot!"

對那些手下說:“哎哎~,他會掘地,沒錯,這是個好手!這是個好手!”

"A good one to boot!" the others agreed. "What be your name, matey?" the head pirate asked.

他的手下附和著,海盜頭子問我:“你叫什麼名字啊,小傢伙?”

"Jeremy Jacob, sir," I told him.

“先生,我叫傑里米·雅各布。”我告訴他。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

"Well, Jeremy Jacob," he said, "you're looking at Braid Beard and his crew.

“傑里米·雅各布,站在你面前的,是小辮兒鬍子爺和他的手下。

We've been needing a digger like yourself. We've a chest of treasure to bury.

我們有一箱財寶要埋起來,正好需要像你這樣的掘地的高手。”

"Aye! Treasure!" the others shouted. "You're coming with us!" Braid Beard told me.

“沒錯!一箱財寶!”他的手下大叫。小辮兒鬍子爺對我說:“你跟我們走吧!”

Ididn't think Mom and Dad would mind as long as I got back in time for soccer practice the next day.

我想只要我明天能及時回來練足球,我的爸爸媽媽不會有意見。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

That's how I became a priate.

就這樣,我當上了海盜。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

As soon as we were on board, Braid Beard showed me the chest of gold and jewels.

一上大船,小辮兒鬍子爺就把一大箱金銀珠寶指給我看。

"Got to find a safe place for this here treasure.

“你看,得找個可靠的地方把這箱財寶埋起來

It's high time we were off!" he announced.

我們該出發了!” 其他海盜大叫。“該出發了!”

"We're off!" we all shouted. And then we set sail.

於是,我們就開船出發了。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

There was plenty to do on board.

船上有很多事情做。

The pirates taught me to sing sea chanteys-the louder, the better.

海盜們教我唱水手歌,唱得越響越好。

And to say real pirate stuff like "landlubber" and "scurvy dog."

然後教我說海盜語像是“旱鴨子(這裡比喻無經驗的新水手)”還有“卑鄙的小狗”。

By dinnertime, I could speak pirate perfectly.

到吃晚飯的時候,我已經能說一口流利的海盜語了。

Ialso learned pirate manners.

“我還學到了一些海盜的“禮貌”。

Braid Beard pounded his fist on the table and yelled, "Down the hatch, me laddies!"

大鬍子卜雷德狠狠地錘了下桌子大喊著“小姐們,乾杯!”

"Down the hatch!" we all shouted.

“乾杯!”所有人都喊著。

Braid Beard gulped his food and said, "Hand over the meat!"

大鬍子卜雷德一邊狼吞虎嚥一邊喊著“把肉遞過來!”

"The meat!" we all roared.

我們都吼著“給我肉!給我肉!”

Nobody told us to finish our spinach (there wasn't any) or to chew up our carrots(they weren't allowed on board).

沒人會要求我們吃完菠菜(儘管這裡沒有菠菜),也沒人硬要我們嚼爛胡蘿蔔吞下去(胡蘿蔔不允許出現在船上)。

We talked with our mouths full. And nobody said "please" or "thank you."

我們嘴巴里塞滿了食物,邊吃邊喊。而且也沒人會說“請”或“謝謝”。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

After dinner I tried to teach the pirates to play soccer.

晚飯後我教他們踢足球。

Braid Beard kicked the ball and yelled, "Aargh! Soccer!"

大鬍子卜雷德踢著球喊著,“嗷!足球!”

"Aargh! Soccer!" the crew yelled.

“嗷!足球!”所有船員喊著。

Then everybody dove for the ball at once, and it rolled right off the deck.

然後所有人立刻衝向足球,足球滾下了甲板。

"After it, me hearties!" Braid Beard commanded.

“兄弟們,去撿足球!”大鬍子卜雷德命令道。

"After it?" we all whispered.

“撿球?”我們嘀咕著。

We fought over who would go get the ball.

我們吵著讓誰去撿球。

But it didn't matter anyway, because a shark came along and swallowed it in one gulp.

然而,這已經沒關係了,因為一條鯊魚遊了上來一口吞掉了我們的足球。

So much for soccer.

關於足球就說到這吧。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

By now it was past my bedtime.

現在已經過了我的睡覺時間。

But nobody tells pirates to go to bed, to take a bath, or to brush their teeth.(Maybe that's why their teeth are green.)

但是沒有人會讓海盜們乖乖地躺倒床上去,或者是讓他們去洗澡刷牙(也許這就是為什麼他們的牙齒是綠色的)

Pirates sleep with one eye open-just in case.

為了以防萬一,海盜們睜著一隻眼睛睡覺。

And they don't change into pajamas-unless they want to.

而且除非他們自己想,否則他們是不會換睡衣的。

Pirates don't do anything they don't want to-except for maybe swabbing the decks.

也許除了刷甲板以外,海盜們不會做任何自己不想做的事情。

Wanted to be a pirate forever.

我想一直當一名海盜。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

But then I found out what else they don't do.

但是,接著我發現還有一件他們不會做的事情。

When I couldn't stay awake any longer, I asked Braid Beard to tuck me in and read me a story.

當我實在困得不行眼皮打架的時候,我請大鬍子卜雷德給我掖掖被子然後講個睡前小故事。

"Tuck you in? he bellowed. "Pirates don't tuck."

“給你掖被子?”他吼著,“海盜從不掖被子。”

"No tucking!" the crew cried.

“從不掖被子!”其他海盜喊著。

And the only thing they had to read was a map.

他們唯一會讀的東西也只有地圖。

"Don't you have any books?" I asked.

“你們沒有書嗎?”我問。

Braid Beard looked confused. "Books?"

大鬍子卜雷德疑惑地問我“書?”

Ididn't even bother to ask about a good-night kiss.

最後我也懶得向他們要一個晚安之吻了。

It wasn't easy to fall asleep without a story, but I was finally dozing off when a storm broke.

沒有睡前故事的夜晚並不容易入睡,最終在暴風爆發之際我終於打瞌睡了。

Thunder boomed and lightning flashed.

夜裡電閃雷鳴。

Itried to hide under the covers as waves slammed up against the ship, but I kept falling out of my hammock. I couldn't find anyone in the cabin. They were all on the deck.

在大浪不停猛撞船隻的時候我想要躲在船裡面,但我一直被甩出我的吊床。

"Lower the sails!" Braid Beard shouted. "Batten down the hatches!"

“放低船帆!”大鬍子卜雷德喊著。開啟艙門!

Everybody ran around yelling and lowering and battening.

所有人都四處狂奔叫喊,放繩子,釘釦條。

Nobody had time to sit close and tell me it would be over soon.

沒人有空坐在我旁邊安慰我說這很快就會過去的。

Nobody even noticed me.

也沒人注意到我。

Idecide that I didn't want to be a pirate after all.

我決定不要再當海盜了。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

Just then - Flash! Crash! Crack!

就在此時,閃電!轟隆!轟隆!

Lightning hit the mast and split it right down the middle.

閃電擊中了桅杆,從中間把它劈成了兩半。

"What'll we do now?" yelled one of the pirates.

“我們該怎麼辦!”一個海盜呼喊道。

"We'll have to turn back!" called another.

“我們得掉頭回去!”另一個海盜喊了回去。

"But the treasure!" hollered Braid Beard. "Where will we bury the treasure?"

“但是寶藏!”大鬍子卜雷德抱怨著,“我們要去哪裡埋我們的寶藏?”

Istepped forward. "Maybe I can help!" I shouted over the wind.

我走向前迎風呼喊,“也許我能幫忙!”

"I think I know the perfect digging spot!"

“我想我知道一個埋寶藏的好地方!”

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

When the storm was over, we rowed back to shore and buried the chest.

當暴風雨過去的時候,我們返航回去,埋好了寶藏。

We draw a map so we could find the treasure again, but I don't think I'll need it.

我們畫了一幅藏寶圖,這樣以後就能找回寶藏。雖然我認為並沒有必要。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

After that the pirates repaired the ship and got ready to set sail.

接著,海盜們修好了海盜船準備繼續航行。

Before they left, Braid Beard handed me a flag and said, "You'll make a fine pirate, Jeremy Jacob. Guard that treasure well. We'll be back to get it soon enough."

在他們出發之前,大鬍子卜雷德給了我一面旗子說,“你會成為一名優秀的海盜,雅各。傑里米。好好保管這面旗子,我們很快就會回來拿的。”

"Soon enough!" the crew repeated. "And if you ever need us," Braid Beard added, "just run the Jolly Roger up yonder pole."

“很快!”其他海盜重複道。“而且,一旦你需要我們,”大鬍子卜雷德又說,“只要把海盜旗升上那邊的杆子就行。”

"Up yonder pole!" the others shouted.

“升上那邊的杆子!”海盜們喊著。

And maybe I will, but not today....

也許,有一天我會需要,但不會是今天。

【繪本故事】《How I Became a Pirate 》千萬別去當海盜

Ihave soccer practice.